We are making every effort to provide a safe and therapeutic physiotherapy experience for our patients, while maintaining physical distancing as much as possible. Please note our current COVID-19 policies.
Staff must use the self-screening tool before attending work.
Patients must attend their appointment alone unless they are a minor or require an escort due to a disability.
Patients or people attending with patients must use the self-screening tool before booking an appointment. If possible, we encourage patients to check their temperature to ensure it is below 38°C before they attend their appointment.
Patients and people who may attend with patients are screened by telephone before an appointment is booked will not be given an appointment if they have COVID-19 symptoms. People identified as symptomatic will be instructed to call Health Links - Info Santé.
Patients will be screened at the entrance to the Pan Am Clinic upon arrival and will be instructed to use hand sanitizer.
CONSIDERATIONS WHEN ATTENDING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please attend your appointment on time. In order for us to maintain physical distancing and allow time for sanitization of surfaces, it is very important for us to remain on schedule. Patients who arrive early are asked to wait in their car until 5 minutes before their appointment to minimize waiting room use. Please allow time for screening at the entrance and limited use of the elevator to ensure you arrive for your appointment on time.
Please wear a mask. During a therapy session there may be periods of close contact. Patients will be required to wear a well-fitting mask when attending their appointment. Cotton is acceptable. Diamond Athletics has a supply of reusable masks and patients can call (204.488.7820) to reserve one in advance of their appointment if needed.
“Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer and Head of the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) Dr. Theresa Tam has advised Canadians to “wear a face mask to help cut down the spread of the novel coronavirus when you are in situations where you can’t always maintain proper physical distance from others”. The United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) has made a similar recommendation." Shared Health, PPE Supply Management and Stewardship Framework
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
- When are you arrive for your appointment, you will be taken immediately to your treatment suite where you will remain for your entire treatment session.
- Most current recommendations from Shared Health will be followed with regards to PPE use.
- All staff with the exception of administrators will wear medical grade masks. Masks are to be changed if wet or soiled and used for a maximum of one shift.
- Physiotherapists in close physical contact with patients will wear a linen gown. Gowns will be changed between each patient and laundered onsite according to routine practices.
- Hand hygiene is to be performed upon entrance to the facility and before/after contact with the patient or patient environment.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use in multiple areas of the clinic.
- All work/service areas will be sanitized with Shared Health facility approved cleaner between patients and wet contact times will be observed (2-3 minutes)
- All equipment used by/for the patient will be sanitized as above.
- All linens will be laundered between uses according to standard procedures.
- Cashless or no-contact method of payment is preferred whenever possible. We are happy to provide Interac Tap options as well as e-transfer.
- Digital copies of home exercise programs, receipts, and reports will be provided wherever possible to minimize exchange of paper.
- Physical distancing guidelines will be in place to ensure 2 m spacing between people at our reception desk and throughout our clinic.
Treatment & Rehabilitation
Who We Are
Our therapists provide treatment and rehabilitation for individuals with musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. Pan Am Rehabilitation Services is committed to leading-edge, evidence-based musculoskeletal rehabilitation and treatment, research, education and community involvement.
Kelsi McGonigal, Physiotherapist In such a crazy, busy world we rarely have an excess of time...
Janine Didyk, Physiotherapist I have a 3 year old son and an 8 year old daughter...
Jason Maksymowycz, Physiotherapist In light of the recent COVID-19 pandemic, many of us have been fortunate...